Friday, April 19, 2013

So.... I thought it would be a great idea to give back to someone who helps me out with the kiddies so much.  My Dad went away on a little golf trip and I thought I would help clean and organize his house.  I took on a big project in a short amount of time.  But that is what I do and I think it helps me stay focused.  Sometimes if I have too much time I can over think a project.
I was really bummed out that I did not make it through the first round of G45 Design Team audition this year.  I knew it was difficult if not impossible.  There are so many creative and amazing artists that are much better at social media (and other things as well) than I am.  It is very hard for me to  find time to do this because I feel selfish when I am on here and there are so many other things I need to tend to.  But I am trying to find a few minutes here and there, because I would like to get back into the crafting field.  So this long paragraph is why I took on the huge task of cleaning Dad's house.  When I am down I need a project.  Some kind of goal to keep me busy.  Boy did it keep me busy!
Chuck and I were over there at least 40 hours last week.  We installed new plumbing where there had been a bad clog-I think it was the worst thing he and his buddy have ever seen come out of a drain.  It might have been  there for several years, before my Dad had even moved in.  We moved cabinets, furniture, hung artwork drapes and I scrubbed his kitchen floor which took me over an hour to do.  It flared up my carpal tunnel so bad that my hands and veins were throbbing.  I was just so glad that his house was starting to look like a home.  Next winter he will be painting the kitchen.  Chuck and I are going to go over there after the summer and finish adding the molding and pantry doors.  It is so close to looking really good for a bachelor. 
We wanted to do this for him because he does so much for us.  He watches our kids anytime we need a babysitter.  It was our way of giving a little back to him.  We found it was challenging to find someone  to watch our little guy when he was away for us to finish the project.  It never fails, you want to do something nice for the person who helps you so much and you have a hard time because no one else can help.  I will post some photo's later, I just wanted to get this down tonight before I went to sleep.  Thanks Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment