Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Every photo has a story

This week at the store we got a plastic tub full of family photos.  It makes me so sad every time this happens.  I can't believe that no one wanted them in the family.  Some of the photos go back to 1900.  To me they are more precious than gold.  They are the piece that holds us to our past.  I feel that it is the one thing that proves you were here.  After several generations pass, the stories become more unclear and the memories fade.  But the photo proves you were here. 
I believe that the photos ended up here by accident. They were in a bottom drawer of a dresser.  The lady that they belonged to, took such good care of her past family photos that I have to believe they were an oversight.  Can you imagine?  All of your family photos gone. .
I was going to buy them to try to get a hold of the family.  Luckily there is a ton of information to try to find the descendants.  I brought home some of the photos and wrote down some names and dates that I was able to find.  I wish I was better at doing this kind of research but I think that comes with time.  Anyways, I was able to find a descendant on facebook.  Even better, they are a friend of a friend.  I am just waiting on a confirmation that they are the Grandchild of the owner of the photos.  One thing I have learned, it is better to look for the grandchildren because they are on facebook more than the children.  I will keep you updated on any new information that I have found.   Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment