Thursday, September 27, 2012

Quinten's Candyland Party!

This was Quin's Party.  He saw a picture of a Candyland cake on the back of an old Taste of Home magazine.  I knew at that moment how much fun this party was going to be.  The hardest part was buying all of the candy.  The cake was pretty easy, I just used the past cake as a reference and then added artistic interpretation to the design.  I made the gingerbread cookies early in the week and froze them.  We set up a decorating station for them to decorate a gingerbread man or house.  It was cute, but I didn't get any pictures.


The Dumdum sucker arrangement took almost 200  suckers to make.  Lacey helped with this one.

 I tried to find candies that I grew up with.  I also tried to find some     that my parents liked when they were young. 


I set up a table and asked everyone to write down their favorite candy.  I asked the adults to write down their favorite candy memory or story.  We all have them and they change from generation to generation.

 The lights around the window were an idea from Pinterest.  It is neat, but it was miserable to make.  I won't make any more of those ever.  I had to go and buy more ribbon to finish it.  It looks cute but it took forever to make.  I had my husband print out the candy font and bought cheap paper from Hobby Lobby to finish the candy land banner.  With the remainder of paper, I wrapped the water bottles to carry over the look.


No comments:

Post a Comment